Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 12: Just Some Vocab, Music, and Uzbek Practice for Today

Assalomu alaykum!

Today was a bit more of a chill day with ups and downs as the week is getting started. Class was good and I was able to attend a presentation with the Armenian Consul General at 1pm today which was something you don't usually get to see. Also, got a fun letter from one of my good friends Denise Minger, which was such an awesome surprise. I love letters, I will be your best friend if you send me even a quick note!  By the way, you can write to me at:

The Critical Languages Institute
c/o Brian Greco
Coor Hall 4450,
P.O. Box 874202
975 S. Myrtle Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85287-4202

Other than that it was sort of a more introspective day. Missing home a bit and sort of collecting on my emotions and thoughts from the past few weeks and months even. It's all good though, a learning process that never stops and that's what keeps things interesting. So today is just a quick post with some vocab practice and some links to music videos and then a quick link to a PowerPoint presentation for homework in Uzbek class.

Here is the vocab for chapter 3, and chapter 4 is on its way:



For homework due today we had to prepare a presentation with 5 famous people of our choice and describe them. Here is my presentation in Uzbek, sort of fun:



Here are links for music videos we watched today in class:


And finally, just a few photos:

Denise drew me a this fab picture of a durian in her letter. Her handwriting is just like mine it's scary, lol
Grigor Hovhannissian, Consul General of the Republic of Armenia
Learning numbers today in class

Tomorrow I actually don't have any class so I will have more time to work on vocab and homework. I have a couple assignments to do and will be doing a bit of shopping if time allows. No class tomorrow as people from ROTC (Reserve Officer's Training Corps, military language program/scholarships/etc) are going on a trip and most people in my class will be gone, so actually we are postponed for Saturday, which doesn't thrill me, but it will work out. Until tomorrow!

Xayr,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment