Monday, June 3, 2013

Part 2 Begins! Back at CLI for Intermediate Uzbek Summer Program

Assalomu alaykum!

Long time no see! I'm here for my first day back at Arizona State University Critical Languages Institute, ready for another great summer of language study and desert sun. Hope everyone's been well - want to say hi to new readers that have visited the blog since last summer.

Continuing on from my Elementary Uzbek course, I'll be taking the Intermediate level this year and am looking forward to gaining a more in-depth understanding of the language. I'm definitely very rusty, particularly on vocab, but as classes begin I'm sure I'll be able to dust off the Uzbek files in my brain.

Last summer I very much enjoyed writing about my experience on this blog and I hope to do the same this year, whether to keep in touch with family and friends at home, share resources for other Uzbek learners, or just to document memories and ideas. While I may not be posting daily, at least every few days I'll be happy to compile some notable info to post here on Uzbek Brian.

This past week has been quite busy finishing up school early and getting all assignments and presentations in, work for web clients put together, and not to mention packing and shopping this weekend for supplies for the duration of my stay. A special thank you to my teachers for helping me prepare for an early departure and definitely to my parents for getting me all set for a great summer!

Thanks again for reading and I'll be in contact soon with some review material (a lot!), photos, and mini updates about what's going on. If you'd like to get posts delivered to your inbox free without having to check back, simply enter your email at the subscribe form to the right. Enjoy!

A couple photos from this weekend (dorm tour coming soon!):

Preliminary reviewing on the plane!
Relaxing by the falls at Tapatio Cliff
Best Asian market I've been to - stocking up!
View of Mill Ave
Ready for the first day!

Xayr,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment