Sunday, June 16, 2013

Uzbek Verb Form Complete Grammar Reference (O‘zbek Tilining Fe’l Shakllari)

Assalomu alaykum!

As a handy reference for Uzbek learners, here is a brief table I put together for CLI Intermediate Uzbek class that includes all the forms (past, present, and future systems) used in modern standard Uzbek. (More reference on verb and other grammatical element listings available at this link.)

Form
O‘zbek 
English 
infinitive
bormoq
to go
present/future simple
boraman
I go, I will go
present progressive
boryapman
I am going
imperfect/past indefinite
borganman
I have gone, I went
past definite
bordim
I went
past continuous
borayotgan edim
I was going
pluperfect/past perfect
borgan edim
I had gone
past intention
bormoqchi edim
I had intended to go
past habitual
borar edim
I used to go
past inferential
boribman
I supposedly went
past obligatory
boradigan bo’ldim
I had to go
future intention
bormoqchiman
I will go, I intend to go
future possibility
borarman
Maybe I will go

Feel free to download and print this reference list using this Google Doc. Enjoy!

Xayr,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment